Gotthebo

Author Topic: Troubleshooting Thread.....All Fanatec Products  (Read 16418 times)

Offline Intimidat3r421

• BMW / F1 Rims
    • Fanatec Clubsport Wheel
    • View Profile
Troubleshooting Thread.....All Fanatec Products
« on: March 07, 2011, 03:19:17 PM »
I wanted to start a thread for people to post their troubleshooting techniques for us to maybe fix our problems before informing Fanatec support.  With the new slate of products from Fanatec have come a slew of issues. 

Biggest one seeming to be the Wheel, no matter which one(Carrera, GT2 or GT3) not powering up when first plugged in and powered on. BUT, once under operation and warmed up, powering on and off seems to be no issue.  BUT, once cooled down again, same thing occurs.(I have GT2)

-My fix, plug it in, power it on, then turn and hold the wheel to is cocked left position.  If not an immediate turn on, wiggle it a little on its left point.  Always starts within 10-45 seconds max(Edit: Wiggle back and forth, about 45-90 degrees each way, works quicker).  This has worked for me 10 out of 10 times.(Now if you feel as if this is too big of an issue, Fanatec will send you a new wheel, film and contact support)

Now I need help with a shifter calibration issue.  I cannot get my shifter to calibrate for the GT2.  Fanatec is sending me a new shifter set, I will have it on Wednesday.  So let's hope it was just the h-gate.  Sequential still works fine.  If anyone can shed some light on this for me, it would be greatly appreciated.(EDIT: It must have been my first h-gate, the replacement works GREAT!)

And as for the standard pedals,  I have had NO issues.  They are working just fine for me.  Every once in a while, the gas does not work proper upon start-up, so I just unplug and re-plug the pedals in and wah-lah, it works fine.  Once the clubsport shifter and handbrake are available, I will order the pedals, shifters and handbrake as a combo.  For now, the standards seem to be working just fine for me.(EDIT: Gas pedal starting to not give 100% throttle, tested, only 96-97%.  I contacted support, within 1 day, had an offer for $50 off the CSP, and free shipping.  Took it up this morning March 16th.  Shipping later today!)

I do air-spray my products to keep them clean and dust free to ensure a long life.  Do not forget, these are TOYS, they will break with excessive use/force.  If you maintain, and keep your products clean, it will make them last 2-3 times as long, maybe even life-time!  I have an original Nintendo system(NES) still works like the day it came out of the box(1989) Gotta love mario bros.
« Last Edit: March 16, 2011, 06:51:47 PM by FurnitureRow421 »
AGP5000, FurnitureRow421, ChronDiggity421, Anthony P.

Offline baggerjohn

• Fanatec 911 GT3 RS V2
    • View Profile
Re: Troubleshooting Thread.....All Fanatec Products
« Reply #1 on: March 19, 2011, 01:13:24 PM »
     There are so many " trouble threads " I didn't know where to place this so I picked this thread because of the subject title.
After 2 1/2 weeks my GT3 V2 took a dump. After reading all the horror stories about so many troubled wheels and lack of customer support I really didn't feel like dealing with the stress, so my son took the orange housing off and this is what he found. The black and red wires running from the power on switch to their respective PCB were pinched between the base housing and one of the motors. When he gently pulled on the two wires the black one just split in half and was showing exposed wire. The red wire was pinched also but the insulation was intact. He soldered the black wire and also used heat shrink at the soldered joint, rerouted the wires and all is well !!!

What this was causing was intermittent wheel operation ( because of the black wire shorting out against the motor ) and then, finally a dead wheel with the dreaded 888.

Anyway I hope this helps someone just starting to diagnose their problem or are at their wits end.

This is also a double post at the suggestion of 'sonac'.

John

Offline patch

• Fanatec 911 GT3 RS V2
    • View Profile
Patch Repairs (First video, Repairing Fanatec Standard Pedals)
« Reply #2 on: April 13, 2011, 01:07:33 AM »
Hello, thought id share my repairs :) Incase someone needs
Repairing Fanatec Standard Pedals Potentiometers out of place (Fanatec allowed me to open the pedals and try to repair)
By watching the video you agree that i can not be held responsible by any damage to your clothes, and stains to your clothes; and that i can not be held responsible for any damage to your pedals, and i can not be held responsible if you void your warranty!
Always contact fanatec support if you have a problem, and if you wish to attempt doing as this video tells, always ask fanatec first if you can do like in this video!
<a href="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QdiZ9Gk2OQE" target="_blank">http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QdiZ9Gk2OQE</a>

Offline Sean Čebron

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 30, 2011, 05:51:45 PM »
I just uploaded a video that shows how to open up the base of Fanatecs in case you need to fix or replace something. I used a GT3 RS V2, but it is the same for GT2.
<a href="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZC3PwwVTDrE" target="_blank">http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZC3PwwVTDrE</a>
« Last Edit: May 30, 2011, 08:22:13 PM by sonac »

Midnight Eye

This is good stuff
« Reply #4 on: June 14, 2011, 05:11:24 PM »
I recently purchased Fanatec Porsche 911 GT2 Wheel, CSP, Stand & Shifter yesturday.  Its a lot of money that's for sure but I was worried with the comments about the bad support but after being on this forum site I have a lot more confidence in the product and I know where to turn to if my wheel has problems.

Ako

« Reply #5 on: June 15, 2011, 04:20:26 PM »
if you just need to remove the wheel cover you can get that pesky screw out without removing your wheel.

you need a poxy drive screw driver bit, a spanner that fits the screw driver bit, a flat ended screwdriver, a pair of long nose pliers and prefebly an asisstant to hold the screw driver on the screw driver bit.

1. turn your wheel anti-clockwise around 135deg.
2. you can now see the screw but no way to get it out with a normal screw driver.
3. carefully put the screw driver bit in the screw and get your assistant to hold the flat ended screw driver on the screw driver bit.
4. carefully start to undo the screw with the spanner, mine wasen`t tight and started to come out very easy.
5. because of the angle the screw comes out it makes it harder to hold the screw driver bit down, but you only need to unscrew it untill enough of the screw it showing, then you can unscrew it the rest of the way with the long nose pliers.
6. once removed you can bin it as its not needed, mines been off for months and the cover is just as solid.

Offline Roy Visser

• Fanatec 911 GT2
    • View Profile
    • SR-Academy
« Reply #6 on: July 09, 2011, 01:05:26 PM »
6. once removed you can bin it as its not needed, mines been off for months and the cover is just as solid.

Do not agree with you on this one. Depends on how you mounted the wheel, but when you hardmount the wheel, there is definitly less flex when you use the screw.

you can see this quite clearly by pulling the steeringwheel towards you on the top of the wheel.

when you use the normal clamp there is so much flex (due to the crappy clamp) that you will not notice it though :)
Fanatec Fanatic

- Fanatec Turbo S
- Fanatec Turbo S with GT3RS wheel
- Fanatec Clubsport Pedals incl Tuning Kit
- Frex Shift+
- Frex HandBr+

Offline schouba88

• Fanatec CSR
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: November 19, 2011, 07:48:44 PM »

Offline ptux73

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: January 12, 2013, 10:41:32 AM »
im using csw base f1 rim with cspv2's on my ps3, the only way i can get my pedals to work is if i connect them to ps3 via usb, i know theres a big sticker saying dont do this but its worked fine for 2 months now, anybody else have this issue

Offline alex2000261

• Fanatec 911 GT3 RS V2
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: February 11, 2013, 07:05:46 PM »
So basically, my clubsport v2 pedals are playing up.
When plugged into the wheel via the ps/2 cable,the brake starts to flicker on and off, making it impossible to drive gt5.
It works perfectly fine when plugged into computer via usb, but ps/2 cable... no chance, I don't think it has anything to do with the load cell or loose connections but I may be wrong

PLEASE HELP NO GT5!:

Offline rocketcaron

• Fanatec 911 GT2
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: March 15, 2013, 07:13:33 PM »
Guys, I own a GT2 with Porsche shifters.  I did the shifter calibration numerous times without any problems but now I'm trying to perform it and it always register 3rd gear in neutral and will only recognize 1st, 3rd and 5th gear. What the heck?

Offline rocketcaron

• Fanatec 911 GT2
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: March 15, 2013, 07:15:42 PM »
It happened when I did try to put it in PS3 mode and did not really remember how to do it (it had been awhile) and I did at some point put it in shifter calibration mode and BANG! never got it to work properly again. My shifter was working nice before that. What happened?

Offline challenger1

• View Profile
« Reply #12 on: March 19, 2013, 04:30:08 AM »
OK, I drank the Kool-Aid and purchased my first Fanatec products. Clubsport Base,F1 Wheel.Clubsport Pedals V2 and BMW Wheel. Well now I am down after just a few hours of use. The first problem was with the BMW wheel being very sloppy fitting on the Base which I have been in contact with Fanatec about. And now the Base is totally useless as I cannot get the wheels to center. Even after watching the Online Video Manual they suggest and after countless attempts to get it centered it just lazilly after turnon turns one way and to stays about at a 45 degree angle. And in any racing game it still does not center and steering shows way to the left,it will go straight if I set the wheel at a 45 degree angle with a shifter at the 12:00 position and 6:00 position. When I am not in game and with the wheel on if I turn the wheel in one direction or the other it vibrates madly. Not good! So there the gear sits unusable waiting for more snail mail from Fanatec. What am I in for? LOL I didnt sign on for this!

Offline Fanatec Benelux

• Official Fanatec CSA
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: March 19, 2013, 09:46:58 AM »
OK, I drank the Kool-Aid and purchased my first Fanatec products. Clubsport Base,F1 Wheel.Clubsport Pedals V2 and BMW Wheel. Well now I am down after just a few hours of use. The first problem was with the BMW wheel being very sloppy fitting on the Base which I have been in contact with Fanatec about. And now the Base is totally useless as I cannot get the wheels to center. Even after watching the Online Video Manual they suggest and after countless attempts to get it centered it just lazilly after turnon turns one way and to stays about at a 45 degree angle. And in any racing game it still does not center and steering shows way to the left,it will go straight if I set the wheel at a 45 degree angle with a shifter at the 12:00 position and 6:00 position. When I am not in game and with the wheel on if I turn the wheel in one direction or the other it vibrates madly. Not good! So there the gear sits unusable waiting for more snail mail from Fanatec. What am I in for? LOL I didnt sign on for this!
The BMW rim should be tight if you use the fixation screw supplied in the package, did you try this?

So did you center the wheel by switching on the LCD menu and then simultaneously pressing both joysticks?
i7 2600K @ 4.0 GHz | Thermaltake Frio | GigaByte GA-P67A-UD4 | 8GB RAM 1866MHz | 2 x ATI HD6970 2GB | Asus Xonar XD | Kingston V300 SSD 120GB | Samsung F3 1TB | Corsair Pro Gold AX850 PSU | CoolerMaster HAF932 | Iiyama E2607WS | Win 7 64-bit | Fanatec CSW + CSP v2| TrackIR 4 Pro

Offline challenger1

• View Profile
« Reply #14 on: March 20, 2013, 12:20:02 AM »
The BMW rim should be tight if you use the fixation screw supplied in the package, did you try this?
Fixation Screw????  This was supplied in the package? Are you talking about the Locking Pin that is removed from the Quick Release before mounting? Tell me more please!
So did you center the wheel by switching on the LCD menu and then simultaneously pressing both joysticks?
Fixation Screw????  Is this a new part from Fanatec? There was nothing in the box. Are you maybe referring to the Locking Pin that has to be removed from the base in order to mount the wheel? Tell me more please!
« Last Edit: March 20, 2013, 01:26:43 AM by challenger1 »